Thursday, January 13, 2011

iheartMYSOL 10years!


It was a Saturday probably about 8 in the morning and there was already a plan.
My father had already made the call and set up a viewing of the car. We had to go NOW! There were another 6 people who were interested in looking into this car on the same day. A drive all the way out to the 215 and some were within the city out there. I remember pulling up in the passenger seat of the Cobra, dad behind the wheel was always a nice drive. We pulled up and I was in love from the first moment. The vibrant yellow, giant wing and just the overall looked, you have to remember this is before Fast and Furious came out. Shit was the rage at the time! I new I was gonna be rollin in the hottest thing on the block. My father passed over the keys for the Cobra as collateral, for the keys of the sol and we took her for a drive. Oh man if you could have seen his smile. I remember we hopped on the freeway and punched it. Man oh man was it weak now that I look back at it and were I'm at now. But at the time, I was smiling ear to ear. We got off and did a deep inspection while we had her to our self and talked about if I liked it and what not. All my father could say to me was "Be quiet when we get back, I'm gonna try and talk him down." I'm sorry I couldn't hide it. I just wanted the keys and to call her mine. From there it was some talking and then signing, I didn't know what was going on I just kept staring at the keys. Till finally my father dropped them into my hand. That was 10 years ago this day.
After her first wash.

I really don't have many pictures from those first days.
Shoot back in high school I thought I was the shit. I remember when we had our team in High School. Yayo, Edgar, Mario, and I know I'm missin a few.
TeamSolCal events. Back in the day, being known as WeaZzeL on forums. Here is a link with other links in it to the old days of the sol and transformation back to white.
CLICK HERE
Then gettin in the with the DSOC guys. Eibach '08 and '10
Stolen Twice. Rebuilt twice.
I mean there are so many memories I could sit here all day and come up with them. I could also sit here and talk about all the things I have done and how much money I have dropped into this love.

Best thing is to really go threw the links and if anything just look threw the pictures.. There's pages of sol talk. LOL. But the pictures really speak for themselves.

From IheartMYSOL
to now
5SPDLOL

I honestly can't believe it.


But there are some people I feel I have to thank.
My Father - I would have been in a CRX if it wasn't for this man. Inspiration, Love, and Miss him. Mom - Holy shit the amount of things you have done for me. Standing next to me for numerous reason with this vechile. Steff - The best birthday ever. I highly doubt anyone will ever top that. I highly doubt anyone will show the love or understand as much as you did. Thank you so much. Nick and Kevin - so many great times with you guys in the passenger seat, and the shit talking. TeamSolCal & DSOC - brothers and sisters. Honestly you guys and gals have become my extended family I have somewhere to go to every day talk and vent. Shops some have come and go - Autolink with Kitty (Gone), Asa with RevAuto(Gone), Everyone at Pitcrew, Frainkie at Gspot (I'll be seein you in a couple months), and HonDocotrs (VEGAS)

I guess it's just stay tuned at this point. This year is going to be amazing for her I feel it.
Oh and to all my passengers. Sorry. I must have put you threw alot. I have never had a car that was a stock height. The car has been laying low to the ground for over 10 years. It's always had an exhaust to, so I guess you could call that strike two. And for the last couple of years the passenger has never really sat right in the car, well until the other week. So I guess I'm thanking all my passengers threw out the years. For putting up with my love and experiencing it with me. Thank You
To my future passengers. Well it's still lowered, it's louder then ever, but you can buckle yourself in and the seat is 100% in there.



More pictures of this day.. But I wanna get this up!
I'll share some more memories as time goes. Like why a man who drives a Cobra would steal his sons Sol. Then race and beat Porches, and BMW's, and Benz's on the 110 in the morning, on his way to work, and then at dinner tell his son about it. Haha. While the D16 was still in the car..


Love, Peace, Beats.

No comments: