Monday, July 12, 2010

World Cup 2010


Well I must say that it was a splendid World Cup.. For once I had a chance to watch many of the games at a decent time, not having to stay up till the middle of the night to see just a piece of one of the two half's.
As for the U.S. we are clearly still no were there. Great effort but the team is just not there yet. Horrible offense it was a surprise to me as to why we got so far. If anything are midfield could be giving all that credit. They were the ones scoring goals to get us back in the game and get us ahead. Not to sound like I'm bitching but they just didn't live up to the hype of there play at all. Very sloppy to me and they did the typical American thing of just sending the ball long and having someone run upon it.
Now to my favorite team. Germany! What a great World Cup. Absolutely wonderful movement of the ball. Can't wait to see with what they come with in the next Cup. I mean there only going to go up. With such a young team and such smooth ball movement. The more they get to play together the better. Just wonderful to watch. Just exactly what my dad always said beautiful soccer looked like. Funny how he learn the game so well so quick for me.. haha.
But in the end Spain won. They played wonderful. They did such a great job of getting teams out of there game plan and out of there tempos. Such wonderful disruption. There ball movement was wonderful as well. They really moved a a team. I see why people say that the final was such an "ugly game" but its what I would want to see. Both teams struggling to hold and create a pace. Sure Spain held the ball for the majority of the time. But both team had wonderful build ups, shots on goals, and big saves. I personally love the final. Dramatic as all could be coming down to the final minutes there in the second overtime period. Not going to PK's. and yes the better team all the way threw the cup won but not without one hell of a fight by a strong defensive team.
Congratulations Spain.
Germany will be there next time around.

No comments: